a joyful game of cooperation and mutual manipulation
you will believe that Toan can fly....
Please read the RULES before you arrive.
Reservations are required (mail to carolyn AT supersaturated DOT com) and need to be cancelled at least 90 minutes before the start time (cancel by phone if it's the morning of the game).
More pictures at flicker and http://supersaturated.com/frisbeepics
If you're intrigued, write to me: carolyn AT supersaturated DOT com . Tell me a little about yourself and why this game looks good to you.
Splendid Frisbee : a non-competitive game in which two or more people run parallel courses while throwing one or more frisbees back and forth. The game has no beginning, and no end. It is over "when we can no longer throw ... or run ... or speak."
- have applied your sunscreen at home and washed your hands
- are wearing shoes that you can run in
- can leave your ego at the bike rack
- can run at least 3 miles on sand (possibly 5 to 10 miles)
- will throw and catch a frisbee while you are in motion
- have good peripheral vision and the ability to spot the frisbee while dodging beach obstacles such as small children (all of whom must be presumed blind when at the beach), large holes that the small children have dug in the sand, seals, kelp tangles, fishing lines, kite strings, incoming waves, etc.
- Blonde hair
- Purple, magenta, red, or black bikini, or fleece if it's cold
- Red, white, black, royal blue, light blue, lavender, pearl, pumpkin, or tangerine Frisbee (or several or all of these)
- Silver or black mountain bike